Deputy Director, Cyber Security Centre
- Join a newly formed team in the Centre for Cyber Security Research & Innovation
- Convenient CBD Location
- Hew Level 10A ($129,956 + 17% super)
- Full-time, 3 year fixed-term position
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
The RMIT University Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CSRI) has been established in 2020 within the College of Business and Law. The focus of CSRI to develop multi-disciplinary research relating to the organisational, human and technology aspects of Cyber Security.
The mission of the RMIT University Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CSRI) is to be acknowledged as a world-class research centre in multi-disciplinary Cyber Security research and to be acknowledged by Australian and overseas industry and government as a leading source of knowledge and expertise in multi-disciplinary Cyber Security research.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About The Role
The Deputy Director of the Centre for Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CSRI) will assist the Director of the CSRI in developing the CSRI research strategies and engagement strategies with industry and government. Reporting to the Director of the RMIT University CSRI, you will build RMIT's reputation for delivering high quality research and industry relevant programs, across a diverse breath of organisations. The ability to build brand equity, collaborate, ensure consistent messaging and the management of new and existing stakeholder relationships to deliver on prescribed KPI's, will be critical to the success of this role. You will to work with key stakeholders across RMIT University and with industry and government stakeholders. The role requires the ability to both identify and prioritise high value, evidence based commercial Cyber Security opportunities, including the knowledge and drive to activate these fully.
You will have evidence of Cyber Security expertise and knowledge and demonstrate highly influential leadership in large complex organisations and within challenging and dynamic environments. In addition, you will demonstrate success in leading the development, implementation and execution of industry / government relationships. Proven expertise in translating engagement and relationships into commercial outcomes and research funding opportunities will be highly regarded. Strong project management skills and strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills will be imperative to your success in this role.
Postgraduate qualifications and relevant experience.
Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a mandatory check i.e. Working with Children check.
Bring your whole self to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We're proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We are ranked #1 in the world for our efforts to reduce inequality in the Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2020.
- RMIT University is placed 10th in overall Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2020, rocketing up from 82nd place in 2019.
- We placed 11th in the 2019 Talent Board APAC Candidate Experience Awards.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa- a "commitment to share" - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
For further information please contact Daniela Amato - Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor via phone on 03 9925 0375.
Applications close on Sunday 12th July 2020.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
We are also happy to make adjustments to the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please email email@example.com with your request(s)
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.