Senior Communications and Social Media Officer
Department: Advancement and Public Affairs Department (APA)
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 30 July 2020
Summary of Position
The Senior Communications and Social Media Officer is a key member of the University of Central Asia’s Advancement and Public Affairs (APA) team. The Officer’s primary responsibilities include internal and external communications across all public affairs functions. She/he is responsible for the University’s content on the website, online channels, and social media to give broad exposure to UCA’s online presence to strengthen UCA’s brand. S/he leads website content management, liaises with staff regionally, manages internal workflow processes, develops communications pieces, monthly Newsletter content, as well as periodic brochures, Annual Report, and coordinates digital marketing and promotional strategies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Writer and coordinator for communicating success stories, brochure content, and contributing to the development and updating of UCA publications and editorials.
- Coordinate and implement digital marketing and promotional efforts through a variety of platforms including e-newsletters, announcements, advertising and social media campaigns.
- Effectively plan, develop, write, edit, produce and manage social media activity to enhance UCA’s profile and media presence, including sharing posts with relevant stakeholders on social media.
- Manage website content (English, Russian), coordinate timely updates, ensure site is operating properly, maintain website archive, and collect statistics.
- Manage content for APA section on the UCA Intranet, and ensure all Public Relations-related resources are up-to-date.
- Format and disseminate UCA newsletters, press releases, job vacancies, public lecture announcements, student recruitment material, and e-blasts on the Mailchimp server.
- Liaise with staff from Aga Khan Development Network agencies in the region and globally, and promote UCA’s activities, success stories, and achievements.
- Liaise with UCA department staff from the Central Administration Office, research institutes, schools, and campus locations to receive updates on activities and programmes, and coordinate with partners on collaborative projects.
- Develop PowerPoint presentation decks for senior staff, government meetings and key stakeholders, ensuring consistency, appropriateness and accurate content.
- Monitoring of relevant news media across Central Asian English-based media sites, as well as social media channels, and compile data for management reports.
- Assist with coordination and management for media representatives and journalists during high profile events and media visits.
- Conduct ongoing research on university websites, fundraising tools, social media integration and trends, and suggest best practices.
- Coordinate in-house translation of UCA website content, social media, and other publications.
- Execute photography assignments as required.
- Develop and supervise UCA staff workshops, including faculty onboarding and presentations on APA policies and expectations.
- Assist with the management of department resources, media interviews, and supervision of interns.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement and Public Affairs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) and three years of communications experience preferably in a University setting.
- Working knowledge of Central Asian digital media outlets.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, and ability to coordinate various individuals, departments and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to use judgment and to keep confidential information secure.
- Ability to gather and analyse data for management reports.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, and ability to produce content in a rapidly changing environment.
- Familiarity with Central Asian secondary and post-secondary education landscape an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to produce compelling original work for the newsletter, web and social media.
- Experience in working with international organisations and NGOs.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Ability to read and speak Russian an asset.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, CV, and contact information of three references to the AKDN Career Centre at https://www.akdn.org/careers/1689553 by July 30, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.