Faculty Enhancement Senior Specialist
Organization Name Center for Teaching & Learning
Khalifa University is a world-class,research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the UnitedArab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrateresearch and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers inscience, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards AbuDhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has threecampuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus andthe Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renownedMasdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively
Faculty Enhancement Senior Specialist is responsible to support the management and implementation of technology enhanced learning for all Faculty enhancement programmers and provide support to faculty based upon a full understanding of a professional or specialized area of work.
- Assist the Director in facilitating coaching and training session to Khalifa University faculty regarding innovative teaching methods and STEM instruction best-practices.
- Work collaboratively with University faculty as a resource to enhance the student experience and promote teaching effectiveness.
- Contribute to the development of excellent technology supported learning at University, including informing and shaping future strategic development.
- In collaboration with academic staff, support and contribute to content creation and adaptation for the VLE (Virtual learning Environment).
- Provide training to academic staff including pedagogical guidance, as well as the technical aspects of on-line course design and legal requirements (copyright,accessibility and disability legislation).
- Advise staff of best practice models and guidelines on blended course design and delivery for use by faculty.
- Work with faculty on the design and development of Web, Multimedia, and Instructional content that will be used in on-campus courses
- Assist faculty employ the use of instructional technology and develops and delivers technical training sessions and workshops for them
- Carry out training on tutoring techniques, learning styles, adult learning theory, and tutoring students with special needs.
- Proactively contribute to the delivery of courses, providing end-user support to faculty on technology supported learning
- Develop training materials and works with faculty on Troubleshooting technical course design issues
- Disseminate good practice and innovative use of learning technologies in order to promote effective pedagogies in teaching practice.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
A minimum 7-9 years of relevant experience.
A minimum of 3-5 year of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Faculty Enhancement Senior Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly