Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Associate (Exercise Science and Nutrition) in the Centre for Population Health Sciences (A/Prof Josip Car)
We are currently recruiting a Research Associate who will join the Centre for Population Health Sciences at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
The Centre’s focus areas of research include population health, digital health, mHealth, digital education, and health services and outcomes research.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Director of the Centre for Population Health Sciences, A/Prof Josip Car, responsibilities include:
- Participate in the Centre’s research in digital health, health education and health outcomes research.
- Executing research activities such as data collection, data management, statistical analysis, independently and/or under the direction of senior researchers.
- Assisting senior researchers with preparation of research deliverables including writing research reports and drafting manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Participating in research seminars, team meetings and discussions
- The candidate is expected to undertake responsibilities, including administrative, project or corporate activities, as assigned by the Reporting Officer.
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments or projects where required, as assigned by the Centre Director.
Skills and qualifications:
- Master’s qualifications in exercise science, nutrition or dietetics, sports or preventive medicine, health science or health promotion, public health, epidemiology or similar degree.
- He/she should have demonstrated competency in research techniques in assessing health measures and implementing health promotion projects.
- He/she should possess strong project implementation skills including data collection, data management, analysis, report writing.
- Articulate with strong language competencies, fluent in written and spoken English with good communication skills
- Highly motivated, meticulous and well-organised with good leadership skills
- Able to work independently and collaborate effectively in a highly diverse, multi-cultural and interdisciplinary team
- Adaptable and willing to enter deep learning in new areas
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply by submitting your cover letter and CV (including list of publications) via the “Apply Now” link below. Only full applications will be considered, and shortlisted candidates will be notified.