Research Fellow, Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Singapore Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University and National University of Singapore. Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from the emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities.
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join a bioinformatics team funded by a NRF-CRP (National Research Foundation Competitive Research Programme) grant. The aim is to predict the onset and progression of corrosion in shallow and deep water marine environments as functions of environmental conditions.
- Develop metabolic network models of microbially influenced corrosion through the integration of lab experiments with computer simulations
- PhD in bioinformatics, computer science or related discipline
- Experience with searching of sequencing databases (e.g. NCBI) Database management (MySQL, PostgresSQL, etc.)
- Experience with metabolic modelling, genomic reconstruction, genome assembly and annotation
- Experience with HPC Linux System administration is advantageous
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU