Associate Professor, Data Analytics and Innovation in Education
Campus Location: Brisbane
Functional Unit: Institute for Learning Sciences & Teacher Education
Work Type: Continuing full time
- Seeking Associate Professor for data analytics research in education
- Research-focused academic pathway
- Based in the Brisbane CBD office and working with ACU staff at other campuses
- Full time, continuing* position (Level D) *(see explanation note)
ACU is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
ACU Research, with disciplines covering health, philosophy, theology and the arts and education, includes hosting six Research Institutes and seven new Research Centres. ACU’s Education Research is well above world standards and our researchers generate evidence-based knowledge that enhances teaching and learning from early childhood to higher education.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU’s Research Centre for Digital Data and Assessment in Education (DDAiE) examines digital disruption, assessment and data analytics as subjects of research, policy and practice in schooling reform and teacher education. The Centre is based in the Faculty of Education and Arts and works closely on research with the Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education and other ACU Institutes and Schools.
The Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education (ILSTE) is a national research institute and draws on both qualitative and quantitative methodologies and includes large-scale, longitudinal studies and meta-analyses. View examples of research here.
As Associate Professor (Data Analytics and Innovation in Education), you will contribute to the development of scholarship, research and/or professional activities in the Institute, consistent with the Centre’s research aims and priorities. The position is aligned to the program: Data innovation for Learning Progressions and Life Course in teacher education and workforce participation. This Program provides opportunities for the successful candidate to identify their individual lines of inquiry of national and international significance and advance their writing program and related grant submissions.
The successful candidate will have an advanced knowledge of the state of national and international data analytics and innovation in education, as well as knowledge and experience with the use of big data, statistics and modelling and machine learning and the datafication of teachers and learners.
ACU is seeking to appoint an outstanding researcher to this new and exciting continuing position of Associate Professor (Data Analytics and Innovation in Education) in the Centre for Digital Data and Assessment in Education.
More specifically the role entails:
- Leading the planning and conceptualisation of a research program. Oversee research program staff who manage research projects; and for the area of research speciality, lead research funding applications;
- Significantly contributing to Centre and Institute publication outputs and research profile through leading authorship in international peer-reviewed outlets;
- Undertaking advanced statistical data analysis and providing advice for existing projects and he preparation of reports of analysis and results; in addition to training the research team in same;
You will need to have:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline, i.e. in Data Innovation in Education and Education Research and Digital Disruption in Education or Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis;
- Superior research knowledge and methodological skills; and demonstrated ability to utilise quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies;
- Significant research and academic achievement with publications; and through evidence of outstanding research leadership and ability to capture national and international research opportunities (including through competitive funding) and evidence of building research capability (including leading research teams of experienced scholars and early career researchers).
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $168,435 - $185,409 pa, including salary component $142,700 - $157,208 pa (Academic Level D), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Professor Claire Wyatt-Smith, Director, Institute for Learning Sciences and Education on 07 3623 7112.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Sunday 26 July 2020
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.