NTU Novena Campus, Singapore
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant in a Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
Applicants are invited to apply for Research Assistant position in the laboratory of Assistant Professor Ch’ng Toh Hean in the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine Clinical Science Building situated in Novena. The Ch’ng lab is a molecular neuroscience lab studying formation of long-term memories. We employ a range of molecular and cellular techniques to elucidate changes in brain cells required for encoding memories. Our lab uses the mouse model and different preparations of brain cells to understand the basic biology of memory in normal and diseased states such as dementia. Some of the techniques our lab regularly employs include live cell imaging, protein biochemistry, multi-omics studies using various sequencing platforms, etc.
- Assist in purchasing of equipment, reagents and consumables and provide general support for the lab.
- Perform experiments, document and analyse results.
- Perform general administrative tasks and serve as lab representative in safety committees.
- Participate in lab activities, meetings and journal clubs.
Qualifications and skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the biological sciences. Diploma holders with relevant work experience are welcome to apply.
- Experience working in a research laboratory, specifically in basic cell and molecular biology techniques (e.g. tissue culture). Please state specific skills and experience in CV.
- Experience working with animals (mice) is an advantage.
- Must be self-motivated, independent and have good work ethic.
- Communicate and write well.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with a cover letter and CV listing previous lab experience, publications and names with contact information of at least two references. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: LKC