Senior Community Engagement Officer
4 days left
- Part Time
Campus Location: Blacktown
Functional Unit: ACU Engagement
Work Type: Fixed term part time
- Play a lead role in ACU Engagement’s mission related projects and support for staff and students in community engagement at the newly established Blacktown campus
- Utilise your experience to support ACU’s Mission through community engagement
- Part-time (0.8 FTE), Fixed-term position for 12 months
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU Engagement collaborates with Identity and Mission, Faculties, Institutes and other operational units in order to achieve enhanced opportunities for our staff and students to experience community engagement that is both academically rich and exemplifies Catholic Social Principles. The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Engagement) is responsible for the development and implementation of ACU’s Community Engagement Strategy that includes integration of community engagement into ACU’s curriculum.
The Blacktown Campus is ACU’s newest campus, and will commence offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and pathway courses in 2021. See: https://www.acu.edu.au/locations/blacktown
As a Senior Community Engagement Officer at the Blacktown campus you will:
- Provide operational support to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Engagement) and the National Community Engagement Manager on a range of community engagement projects, aimed at achieving ACU’s vision for community engagement. You will also work closely with the Senior Community Engagement Officer, Strathfield, and Senior Community Engagement Officer, North Sydney, to develop Greater Sydney appropriate approaches to ACU’s community engagement. Initially, you will spend your time between the Blacktown and North Sydney campuses.
- Be involved in the establishment and promotion of the role, activities and outcomes of ACU Engagement on the Blacktown campus. This includes sourcing and supporting student community engagement placements, staff community engagement opportunities, and the facilitation/support of local community engagement projects that ACU is involved with in Blacktown.
- Work across multiple faculties and units to communicate and promote a collaborative understanding of community engagement at ACU.
- Provide guidance and support to ACU staff, students and volunteers as required to ensure the effective and collaborative nature of projects.
- Coordinate multi-site projects across various Australian states and report to different stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- High level planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage a number of events/projects at one time, achieve required outcomes and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, to work independently, and to interact proactively, productively and constructively in a team environment.
- High level of written communication skills, including preparation and editing of draft documentation, with careful attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders such as students, academic and professional staff, external organisations, and community groups.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement, action research, or other community-based activities, event management, and ability to manage project budgets and allocate resources.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $ 103,134 - $111, 621 (pro-rata) pa, including salary component $$87,149 - $94,321 (pro-rata) pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Matthew Pink, National Community Engagement Manager on (07) 3623 7691.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 12 July 2020