Research Assistant, Grant
Research Assistant position in family medicine. The successful applicant will work within a research project “The Emirates Heart Health Project” for 6 months with a PI from the Family Medicine Department, College of Medicine and Health Sciences.
This position may be renewable depending on the progress of the project.
- Translate and cross check study materials into Arabic.
- Deliver teaching sessions in participants’ homes.
- Review and comment on participant self submitted data.
- Follow up with participants who miss sessions and deliver make up sessions.
- Offer support, technical and otherwise, to study participants.
- Gather and collate participant data.
Bachelor’s degree in any field.
Experience and working connections with government health entities. Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in psychology. Ability to assess others’ level of health literacy.
- The applicants must have a very strong command of spoken and written English and Gulf Arabic and must be an excellent communicator.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Android OS and iOS.
- Must have a strong sense of local culture and respect for local customs and sensitivities.
- Must be willing to work on Fridays (the position will have compensated time during the week).
Special Instructions to Applicant
Candidates should submit a cover letter, detailed CV, and statements of skills related to the area of expertise.
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.-CMHS
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff