Senior Research Engineer, IoT and Cloud/Edge Architecture
The School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering invites application for the position of Senior Research Engineer.
The Senior Research Engineer will be responsible to translate high-level audio algorithms implemented in other audio prototyping software into a high-performance, architecture-specific code. He/She will work closely with other researchers to design and implement DSP algorithms that meet system-level constraints and will also be defining and implementing software architecture for real-time audio systems on prototype hardware containing a multitude of co-processors.
- Writing, debugging, optimizing and testing of source code with an emphasis on audio applications
- Maintenance and improvement of existing audio algorithm code base including noise reduction, acoustic echo cancellation, automatic gain control, voice activity detection, packet loss compensation and other audio enhancements
- Cloud and Edge programming
- Supporting R&D and Feasibility Studies including defining the scope and goals of audio research tasks and completion of detailed reports on results and recommendations for development activities
- Software development of new algorithmic audio processing solutions including the existing areas mentioned above and additionally including state of the art audio codecs, audibility and intelligibility enhancements, microphone array processing, 3D audio and other audio effects and enhancements
- Project management tasks including creation and maintenance of requirements and schedule documentation for assigned projects, project budget etc.
- Publish journal and conference papers as dictated by the assigned projects
- Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering with emphasis in audio and acoustics signal processing
- More than 5 years of technical and research experience
- Strong audio signal processing fundamentals (for example, Fourier analysis, transfer functions, filtering, linear algebra, matrix algebra etc)
- Perform independent research and development of emerging and future audio technologies
- Experience conducting acoustic measurements using standard acoustic equipment (speakers, microphones, anechoic chambers, acoustic mannequins)
- Ability to communicate findings and ideas to other teams and to management using both written documents and Keynote presentations
- Ability to effectively contribute in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Preferred experience with spatial audio, acoustic room modeling, collecting, organizing and analyzing large data sets
- Experience with speaker or microphone arrays, or machine learning is a huge plus
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.