Research Engineer, Game Developer
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information (WKWSCI), NTU is looking for a Research Engineer - Game Developer to develop a mobile game, which will be used for academic research purposes.
- Design and implement the UI and game mechanics in line with the research purpose as well as the back-end platform, including the simulation code and data storage
- Maintain and debug the game during research data collection
- Work with the team of researchers in terms of data retrieval and analysis
- Assist in research duties, e.g. running user studies, writing papers and administrative duties, e.g. writing partially quarterly and annual reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field from reputable universities. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Interest and experience in front-end and back-end technologies in game development
- Familiar with the following skills & knowledge: Unity game engine, C# and PHP programming languages, database technologies (RDBMS/NoSQL) and software documentation technologies (e.g. Doxygen)
- Familiar with game networking concepts will be a plus
- Ability to work in an interdiscplinary team and without close supervision
- Professional experience in the game industry and Professional qualifications (e.g. Unity certified developer) will be a plus
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.