Research Associate, Observational Seismology
Asian School of the Environment (ASE) invite applications for a Research Associate position to work on observational seismology research.
- Work on seismic waveform data processing in Myanmar and Sumatra
- Develop tools for observational seismology research in Southeast Asia
- Inversion of the earthquake source parameters in near real time and later in-depth study, multiple data constraint on kinematic rupture properties of large earthquakes
- Waveform modelling and inversion for the velocity structure in Myanmar and Sumatra
- Strong motion simulation of large earthquakes involving 3D-velocity models and complicated rupture models
- MSc in Seismology or Geophysics or similar degree
- Minimum four years of relevant experience
- Excellent skills in programming (e.g. C/Fortran), and seismic data processing
- Effective communication skills
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.