School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
- Work with industrial partners to apply existing composite fabrication methodologies and develop new processes for manufacturing complex composite demonstrators using automation techniques suitable for mass production
- Work on prototype development with simulation, design, testing and fabrication phases
- Master's in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or relevant discipline from a recognized university
- Proficient in CAD designing/drawings and modelling software: SolidWorks, Inventor, or CATIA and AutoCAD for designing complex moulds and fixtures
- Proficient in Composite FE simulations using ANSYS/ABAQUS, PAM-RTM and design analysis using classical laminate theory-based software’s like LAP/e-LamX
- Have knowledge and relevant experience in advanced composite manufacturing processes like Resin Transfer Molding, Infusion and others for innovative and complex product development
- Experience in handling of thermoplastic resin systems
- Experience in different composite mechanical testing methods at laminate and demonstrator level
- Proficient/Keen to learn automation strategies and robot operation for mass production of composite parts
- Good proficiency in MatLab/LabVIEW
- Hands on experience and knowledge on welding of thermoplastic composites
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.