Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Postdoctoral researcher
Workplace: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with contract until 31 December 2021, non-academic
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: negotiable, preferable not later than 1 January 2021
Number of Open Positions: 1
Pay: CZK 40 000/month
Application Deadline: 10.07.2020 (or later, until position filled)
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the Faculty of Science MU invites applications for a postdoctoral research position within the project "Linear and nonlinear elliptic equations with singular data and related problems''.
Key Duties: The researcher will join the research team lead by Nguyen Phoc-Tai, within the Geometric Analysis group, cf. http://www.math.muni.cz/english/structure/section-geometrical-analysis.html.
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- Solid background in the area of Partial Differential Equations (PDEs) and Calculus of Variations; preference will be given to applicants with expertise in elliptic and parabolic PDEs
- Good publication record
- A PhD degree in Mathematics (or be close to obtain)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to Jan Slovak, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +420 54949 7060.
- An interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 6 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, contribution to lunches in canteens of MU or meal vouchers, discounted language courses, discount in the university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city (for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- Support with your relocation to Brno by our International Staff Office
The application shall be submitted online by 10.07.2020 via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below).
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter describing candidate's research interest and experience
- Summary of research outputs and publications
- Names and contact details of at least 2 references.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or video conference interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Roman Čermák, M.Sc.
bursar of the Faculty of Science