The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Founded in 1965, the Stanford Computer Science (CS) Department continues to lead the world in computer science research and education influencing society at levels that remain without parallel among academic institutions. Its spin-offs are among the most successful corporate ventures in the world, and many of the leaders in the academic and corporate research world are graduates of the Stanford CS Department. Computer Science website: http://www-cs.stanford.edu/
The Administrative Associate for the InfoLab provides key administrative support functions in the areas of finance, operations and administration. As an FA for the InfoLab, you will provide support to these innovative professors and their research groups.
Your responsibilities include:
- Acting on behalf of faculty to establish priorities and identify and resolve problems that are administrative in nature.
- Overseeing and/or performing duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Composing and drafting documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking.
- Planning and scheduling calendars with limited consultation, resolving calendaring conflicts, and arranging travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Creating reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Overseeing and/or processing a variety of complex financial transactions including purchasing and reimbursement requests; researching, identifying, and resolving discrepancies. Assisting with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Pcard custodian and verifier for the lab.
- Assist RFA with Research Assistant appointments and faculty salary offsets.
- Make complex travel arrangements
- Provide course support with faculty, TA’s, graders and students.
- Provide support to lab visitors, travel, lodging, etc.
- To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A high school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Previous experience providing administrative support in an academic institution.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, Stanford University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Since its founding, Stanford’s pioneering spirit has embraced new ways of fulfilling its mission of research, education, and service. Today, we face a future of both promise and peril, marked by a breathtaking pace of change. We need new thinking and new approaches to anticipate and navigate this change, in order to deepen knowledge, address challenges and accelerate our contributions to society. By tapping into the wisdom of our campus community, alumni, and outside perspectives, Stanford leadership has developed a vision to guide our shared journey over the next decade and beyond. We seek talent driven to impact the future of Stanford’s legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, and course auditing. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ride sharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
- We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service, event and project management, and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
- Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record
- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Job Code: 4103
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 86129