One Project Officer is currently available in the School of Humanities/Centre for Chinese Language and Culture (CCLC) and he/she is expected to work closely with the colleagues of CCLC and participate at all levels of the projects.
The responsibilities include:
- Handle the centre’s academic event and research projects to ensure the smooth running of events and projects, i.e., plan for budgets, schedule, source and manage the required logistics, liaise with designers/artists for producing event collaterals and publicity materials, correspond and coordinate with various parties involved, etc
- Handle the centre’s Chinese publication projects which involve a wide spectrum of editorial work including article collection, copyediting, proofreading, typesetting, and liaising with various parties involved
- Promote and publicize the academic publications and events of the centre
- Handle the centre’s finance and administration matters as well as the day-to-day work for office operations
- Upkeep the content of the centre’s websites and noticeboards
- Complete any other ad hoc tasks assigned by Director or manager
Competencies and qualification requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chinese Studies, Humanities or related fields from a well-recognized university
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experiences with a keen eye for details, esp. with editorial skills and experiences in a well-established publishing house
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese languages (both orally and in written)
- Preferably with finance and administrative background or experiences
- Ability to multitask, work independently and work as a team member
- Responsible and able to take full ownership when tasked with a job/project
- Good IT skills in Microsoft words, Excel, etc.
- Prior experience in Adobe Photoshop/illustrator is a plus
- Able to work within given deadlines
- Able to work beyond normal office hours and during weekends including public holidays when needed
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.