Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in History
Job: Faculty - Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in History - College of Humanities and Social Sciences - Department of Social Sciences - Abu Dhabi (August 2020)
Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. With its campuses in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, the University prepares graduates to become leaders in government, business, civil society, and family life. The University expects its graduates to be competent in English and Arabic, proficient in the use of computing technology, and strong in quantitative and research skills
English is the primary language of instruction and administration
Zayed University is fully accredited in the UAE and by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the US
The United Arab Emirates is a progressive country known for its high standard of living and its safe and family-friendly environment
The Department/ College
The Department of Social Sciences, which is part of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, is an interdisciplinary department that offers undergraduate programs in International Studies and graduate programs in Diplomacy and International Affairs (MA), Islamic Studies (MA) and Judicial Studies (MA). The majors in the College take a broad, multidisciplinary approach to the study of politics, society, economy, and law at the local, regional and international levels.
The Department of Social Sciences at Zayed University is inviting applications for full-time faculty positions in History. Candidates should hold a doctorate in History or a related field at the time of appointment, and be willing to contribute to teaching in the undergraduate and post-graduate programs. They should be prepared to teach courses on world history, 20th century history, and/or Gulf history courses. Specialization in heritage and/or digital humanities would be advantageous, as would a regional specialization in the Gulf.
In addition to teaching and scholarly requirements, faculty are expected to provide service to the College and to the University; to participate standing committees; in the development, evaluation and revision of the college curriculum; to participate in the implementation of assessment of major learning outcomes; and actively engage in research activities leading to the publication of peer-reviewed articles and/or books in their area of specialization. Faculty liaise extensively with external constituents to further the mission of the University within the community.
Successful candidates will fully meet the expectations for the position, which include:
- A Doctorate degree in History
- A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching
- Dedication to curricular innovation
- Record of professional research accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications
- Commitment to a sustained research program and interest in collaboration with other Faculty members
- Demonstrated ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College
- Experience with graduate programs would be an asset
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries in the United Arab Emirates, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and subsidized healthcare provided to the employee and sponsored family members
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter and a current CV.
The review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
More searches like this
- History, Philosophy & Theology Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- History, Philosophy & Theology Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- History, Philosophy & Theology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- History, Philosophy & Theology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates