Senior Research Specialist
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Mamdouha S. Bobst Center for Peace and Justice at Princeton University is looking for a senior research specialist with advanced quantitative methods skills to assist in the development of projects related to social inequality. Applicants should, at the time of appointment, hold a PhD in statistics or computer science, political science, economics or other social science program or have comparable experience (i.e., a Master’s degree in a data science discipline and relevant work experience). The candidate must have strong programming experience with STATA, R, and Python. Other helpful skills include knowledge of database management software and familiarity with experimental design, causal inference and survey design and implementation.
In addition to working with faculty, senior research specialists can also participate in the vibrant academic life of Princeton University, including auditing classes, attending seminars, and interacting with the university’s wider social science community.
The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal.
The senior research specialist will work closely with faculty and students and will be involved in data acquisition, management, analysis and visualization as well as research design.
- PhD in statistics or computer science, political science, economics or other social science program OR Master’s degree in a data science discipline and relevant work experience
- Excellent programming skills in STATA, R and Python
- Excellent data management, analysis and visualization skills
- Experience working with large and complex data sets
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
Desirable, but not required, qualifications
- Familiarity with standard social science data sources
- Experience with experimental and quasi-experimental design and analysis
- Experience with survey design and implementation
- Experience with the academic publication process strongly preferred
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.