Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University invites applications for the position of Admission Officer.
The admission officer is responsible for articulating the mission of Princeton University and conveying its policies and procedures to applicants, parents, guidance counselors, alumni and University personnel.
All officers are actively involved in the selection of the incoming first-year and transfer classes, and assisting with the transition from high school to college.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Making group presentations at high schools and college nights, as well as conducting information sessions on campus;
- Making public presentations about Princeton University's undergraduate academic and extracurricular programs and resources, and admission and financial aid policies and procedures to a variety of audiences both on and off campus, e.g., to secondary school students and counselors, parents, and Princeton's Alumni Schools Committees;
- Reading, evaluating, and summarizing applications for admission.
- Planning, scheduling and implementing travel plans to visit secondary schools and community-based organizations, and meet with Princeton Alumni Schools Committee members.
- Attend college nights and coordinate regional evening programs.
Intensive work takes place during the selection process.
Position requires approximately 4-5 weeks of travel, primarily in the fall (dependent on University guidelines for Fall 2020).
Involves additional time commitment including weekends and extended hours for at least four months of the year.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Must be able to relate positively to a variety of interests, backgrounds and points of view by using tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment while working collegially in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Familiarity with and a willingness to learn technology and data driven systems.
- Ability to be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of challenging conditions.
- High energy level.
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback.
- Resourcefulness, initiative and motivation.
- Driver's license.
Resume and cover letter are required.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.