Coordinator Graduate Medical Education
Organization Name Khalifa University College of Medicine and Health Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education, the Coordinator for Graduate Medical Education at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) supports the Assistant Dean in development and implementation of programs in the areas of Graduate Medical Education.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides support for the Assistant Dean for GME in the day-to-day operations of the program
- Updates program policies as needed
- Provides assistance to Assistant Dean in establishing GME partnerships with hospitals, clinics and other healthcare organizations, in the UAE and abroad
- Serves as liaison between clinical GME sites and GME office
- Provides administrative support for academic support programs, functions, and activities related to Graduate Medical Education (GME).
- Coordinate all GME Meetings – set schedule, create agenda, catering, send reminders, track attendance and take minutes.
- Assists graduate medical education program directors conform to laws, regulations, and policies of the United Arab Emirates
- Assists in ensuring that the activities of the office are in alignment with accreditation guidelines
- Develops resources available to students on post-graduation training in the UAE and North America
- Assists in scheduling and assigning staff workload in the Office of Graduate Medical Education
- Assists in management and oversight of GME budget
- Maintain database of GME positions and clinical sites needed for continued accreditation
- Provides information or prepares reports as and when needed.
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or healthcare related area
- Master’s degree, preferably in business or healthcare related area
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment,
- Ability to work with attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in graduate medical education
- Familiarity or experience with an education institution in the Middle East.
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Coordinator Graduate Medical Education
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly