Lead ITER Diagnostic Engineer
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
As part of the US contribution to ITER (the next generation, international, tokamak experiment in France), PPPL provides a number of diagnostics and their integration with components provided by other contributors and within the overall Facility.
The Integration Engineer will support the design and interface updates of diagnostic sub-systems integrated with the tokamak vacuum vessel, cryostat, and diagnostic sub-systems of other ITER parties; and will develop, organize and oversee subcontracts with U.S. design partners.
- Develop designs compliant with all technical requirements
- Produce documentation that establishes the design basis and supports the design review process
- Produce documentation that supports procurement activities
- Support the timely resolution of issues that may impede progress with their tasks
- Produce accurate, reliable input to the cost and scheduling planning process
- Adhere to planned cost and schedule during the execution phase
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree, and at least 10 year of relevant experience thereafter, or MS in Mechanical
- Engineering, or similar degree, and at least 8 year of relevant experience thereafter.
- Experience in mechanical systems design, integration and installation for complex equipment.
- Experience in some phases of product development, e.g. involvement in design and analysis, development of technical specifications and procedures, oversight of suppliers and active role in acceptance tests.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team of physicists and engineers
- Experience delivering engineering products to operate in highly-loaded environments
- Fluent in systems engineering and configuration management
- Experience designing component with complex interfaces
- Familiarity applying codes like ASME. ASTM…
- Mostly office based
- Up to 20% travel might be required
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW