UCDP and USDP Programme Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
DEPARTMENT OF RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT APPOINTMENT
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 6
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The University Staff Development Programme and University Capacity Development Programme Strategic Initiatives Manager will be appointed on a five-year contract basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the management and implementation of specific components of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET)’s University Capacity Development Programme (UCDP) programme.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Stakeholder and Network Management:
- Developing and maintaining international and local networks to support the implementation of the University Capacity Development Programme, including through building and maintain excellent relationships with potential and existing partner organisations;
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Establishing and implementing a system to monitor and evaluate progress and achievements relating to the programmes and projects supported through this portfolio;
- Monitoring project calendar, planned milestones, deliverables, and activities as agreed by steering committees and partner entities;
- Business Processes:
- Providing management and co-ordination support for the projects and programmes within the portfolio;
- Advancing strategies to facilitate the growth of the pool of academic and professional staff at universities with doctorates in South Africa, including through creating exchange opportunities for faculty, staff and students in the collaborating institutions and in the established networks;
- Financial Management:
- Coordinating implementation of budget and ensuring expected outputs are delivered within established budgetary constraints; identifying funding opportunities and coordinating project proposal preparation;
- Preparing financial and narrative reports required by donors, partners organisations and the Department of Higher Education and Training;
- Governance and Programme Implementation:
- Engaging in strategy development of the UCDP, the USDP, and the network development programme;
- Developing of policy programme policy and policy briefs/insights for government officials and the steering committees;
- Human Resources Management:
- Managing an effective team that supports the mandate of the projects and programmes supported by the portfolio.
- Relevant four year degree WITH five years’ relevant experience;
- Master’s degree WITH four years’ relevant experience;
- Four years’ work experience with Masters OR Five years' work experience in:
- Working with donors, foundation and international partners and/or in international environments;
- Project management experience;
- Financial management;
- Business and proposal/grant writing;
- Partnerships and internationalisation.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Finance policies, conditions and processes;
- National and international funders reporting processes and criteria;
- Audit requirements that apply to UP funding;
- Financial administration and management;
- UP PeopleSoft;
- Various national and international funders;
- Highly organised;
- Sound time management;
- Accuracy and ability to prioritise tasks;
- Problem solving skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and independently;
- Effective stakeholder liaison;
- Conflict management.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Doctoral qualification;
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Six years' working experience with a Masters OR Eight years' working exprience in:
- Working with partnerships;
- Relevant work exprience in the higher education sector.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 8 July 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.