We seek to hire a Research Technician who will support our team in technical reserach to elucidating the mechanisms of interaction between gut microbiota and brain.
- Work independently in an academic laboratory setting.
- Assist with routine laboratory duties.
- Support research projects under direct supervision of a senior laboratory member.
- Bachelor's degree in a field relevant to the research being conducted from a four-year college or university.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a research lab setting beyond laboratory coursework.
- Experience with basic laboratory techniques and equipment (pipetting, centrifugation, solutions).
- Technical experience with RT-qPCR, ELISA, western blotting, immunohistochemistry, and other basic molecular biology and biochemical techniques.
- Comfortable with animal research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and independently.
- Ability to keep accurate and meticulous records of experimentation.
- Experience with mouse models of behavior.
- Technical experience in mouse research.
- Experience in advanced immunocytochemistry, fluorescence, and confocal imaging.