Research Engineer, Electrical Engineering
The Caltech Holistic Integrated Circuits (CHIC) Laboratory in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Caltech is seeking a Research Engineer with experience in design, testing, and integration of electronic systems for experimental CubeSats and smallsats. Candidates for this position should be familiar with electronic systems, high frequency and RF systems, and also have experience in working with actual flight hardware. Graduates with a Masters degree and experience in the design, integration, and testing of spacecraft electronics, mechanical design and fabrication, and flight software are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may contact both Prof. Ali Hajimiri at email@example.com and Ms. Michelle Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org
More details about the Caltech Holistic Integrated Circuits (CHIC) Lab can be found at http://chic.caltech.edu
- Design, integration, and verification of spacecraft components.
- Write and test software.
- Design, integration, and testing of nanosatellites.
- Perform test and measurement of RF and microwave systems.
- Conduct literature research; write research reports and journal articles; present research work at seminars and participate in team discussions.
- Serve as mentor and provide support to graduate and undergraduate students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS and MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with PCB design software and process.
- Experience with test and measurement of RF and microwave systems.
- Proficiency in C/C++.