Software Developer, Research Applications
Application Software Developer
Stanford’s University Information Technology (UIT) organization services diverse clientele from various university business units and schools. We are a hub of business analysts, developers, testers and architects who design and build applications to support the research mission of the University.
We are looking for someone skilled in Oracle development tools and technologies to enhance and maintain complex, home-grown applications that support Stanford’s needs.
We are seeking an Application software developer to design, build and support business applications for Research Administration within Enterprise Technology (ET). ET is part of the University Information Technology (UIT) department managed by the Office of the CIO at Stanford University. Research Administration is responsible for design and development of software applications to support the research community.
- Develop solutions for difficult and complex applications in partnership with team members.
- Test, debug and create documentation for major projects.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
- Review the physical design of existing systems for optimizing performance.
- Work with other technical professionals to develop standards and implement best practices.
- Develop an understanding of enterprise-wide integrations.
- Participate in work efforts for system enhancements and upgrades.
- Participate in production support.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
We’re looking for folks with deep expertise with-
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
Exposure to the following are preferred-
- Oracle eBusiness Suite
- Oracle Workflow, Forms, and XML Publisher
- Deploying applications in Amazon cloud
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Strong understanding of data design, and relational databases.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle, methodologies, and quality control practices.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to adapt to proposed changes around user and/or operations procedures.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4821
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 86779