Research Scientist, Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Material Science/Physics/Chemistry
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
Temasek Laboratories@NTU is seeking a hands-on Research Scientist/Assistant Fab Manager (75% Tactical / 20% Strategic Planning /5% Research & Development), especially for fabrication facilities who has extensive knowledge and experience in handling semiconductor (III-V processing is an added advantage) fabrication tools.
- Implement and/or coordinate all engineering aspects of a project or study. Provide technical and administrative support in the operation of research/qualification projects and specialized research and device fabrication facilities
- Work with the procurement team and equipment/facility suppliers to do all the necessary formalities (ITQ specification, Tender Specification and etc…) to bring the system and commissioning in the clean room
- Maintain, repair and calibrate a diverse variety of equipment including standard electronic test equipment, fluid flow systems, semiconductor and coatings fabrication equipment, vacuum systems, materials and device testing instruments, back-grinding, wafer mounters/demounts, wafer dicing and laser systems
- Design, fabricate, install, commissioning and maintain mechanical, electronic systems and equipment for use in the cleanroom / Lab. The design of device fabrication and test systems is of primary importance
- Provide training on assigned equipment / instrument. Maintain records of qualified personnel for each item requiring training before use
- Maintain inventory control overall equipment assigned to the cleanrooms, including maintenance, operation, storage, and checkout system
- Establish and maintain an accurate log-in/out system for users of the cleanroom. Provide billing records to the recharge center financial administration
- Provide recommendations to the Fab Manager / Research Director / Program Director for the survey and replacement of obsolete or non-repairable spare parts and also equipment
- Maintain and up-to-date library of vendor supply catalogs and keep informed of latest state-of the-art equipment applicable to the recharge center
- Work with all module leaders to keep all equipment in a healthy condition
- Coordinate in getting the complete list of equipment in MTDC for asset audit and utilization rate of each individual equipment housed in the MTDC
- Supervise the activities of Research Staff /Technical Specialists
- Contribute to research reports for project deliverables, project proposal drafting and etc
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by higher management
- Process documentations with the standard of ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 9001:2018
- PhD in either Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Chemistry or other related field
- Prior hands-on experience in installation/commissioning of device processing equipment (including supporting facilities) in the clean room/non clean room environment and its preventive maintenance (e.g: III-V, III-Nitride processing Tools)
- Experience interfacing with R&D team, customers and/or managing a wafer fab
- Systematic problem solving skills with sound logical thinking and its analysis
- Skills in effective Design of Experiments to complete the preventive maintenance (PM) of process tools with minimum down time.
- Skills to operate automatic and semi-automatic process equipment (e.g: Evaporator, ICP, CVD, ICP-CVD, PDS, Back-grinding, Wafer scriber, Wafer dicer, Back-lapping, Gold/Ni Plating and etc…)
- Highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Hands-on experience in handling/trouble suiting of different clean room tools (e.g: Vacuum pumps, plasma tools, Electron beam evaporators, Furnaces, Mask Aligner and etc…)
- Skills to draft report for the project deliverables.
- Experience in ISO 9001:2018 or ISO 9001:2018 documentation
- Excellent in communication, verbal, written skills and in listening and collaboration skills
- Relevant software competency in MS Office, MS Project or equivalent and SPC packages
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU