Research Support Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
A research support position is available to help operate a 1,000 square foot, 4,000 tank zebrafish facility.
- Daily fish feeding.
- Fish breeding.
- Fish rearing.
- Routine maintenance and repairs.
- Administrative oversight and management of the facility.
- On-call for emergencies within the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marine biology, fisheries, or related field required by date of hire.
- Must be available/on-call for emergencies within the facility.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, including leadership skills/experience.
- Two years of experience in a marine biology or fisheries laboratory.
- Aquaculture and molecular biology experience.
- Experience with plumbing and electrical systems.
- Cover letter, including a short description of your work experience and date available.
- Contact information for three references (name, email, phone number). References may be contacted as part of the application process.