Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Center for Autonomous Systems and Technologies (CAST) at Caltech is looking for a research scientist with experience in the design, testing and integration of bio-inspired systems. Candidates for this position should have experience with mechanical design and assembly, fluid mechanical measurement and analysis.
More details about ongoing projects can be found at https://www.gharib.caltech.edu
- Develop concepts for autonomous bio-inspired flying and swimming objects
- Develop and carry out experiments
- Conduct literature research; write research reports and journal articles: present research work at conferences
- Serve as mentor to undergraduate and graduate students
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experimental fluid measurement, CAD, Matlab