Electrical Engineering Researcher
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Research on development of information theoretic performance limits and coding strategies for wireless random access.
- Review of literature in wireless random access and associated performance bounds.
- Information theoretic modeling of wireless random access.
- Development of the required theoretical tools and provable analyses for obtaining the information theoretic bounds of wireless random access.
- Development of coding schemes to approach the ultimate performance bounds for wireless random access.
- PhD in EE or CS.
- Expertise and advanced research experience in information theory, coding theory, and wireless communications.
- Strong record of publication in information theory, coding theory, and wireless communications.
- Research experience in medium access control in communication systems.
- Mastery of associated analysis techniques.