General Manager, Swinburne Professional and Major Projects
5 days left
- Full Time
- Fantastic strategic leadership opportunity
- Promote growth and profitable outcomes within Swinburne Professional and Major Projects
- Full time, Fixed Term Contract (up to 5 years), based at our Hawthorn campus
Incredible opportunity to lead the strategic direction of Swinburne Professional and Major Projects within our Pathways and Vocational Education (PAVE) area with a strong focus on growing the University’s products and services. Drive engagement programs, educational training and consulting services to establish Swinburne as the industry partner of choice
About the Job
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (DVC) Pathways and Vocational Education (PAVE), the General Manager, Swinburne Professional and Major Projects is responsible for leading comprehensive engagement programs that strategically advance Swinburne’s objective to be the partner of choice for the industries and the communities we serve. The role will have a strong focus on leadership to drive the strategic direction of Pathways and Vocational Education (PAVE) in sustainable and profitable outcomes from the provision of educational, training and consulting services, along with leading the implementation of initiatives to grow University products and services.
The General Manager will take a lead role in several internal and external planning and development projects and committees, with a priority on ensuring sustainable outcomes for the University, PAVE departments, students and employers, along with maximising industry and community development outcomes.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
About Swinburne Professional and Major Projects
Swinburne Professional is one of Australia’s leading professional education providers. As a division of Swinburne University, it creates a flexible, practical and agile way for professionals to learn. With a focus on corporate training solutions, vocational education and post-graduate higher education, Swinburne Professional look to change the learning landscape for the future.
Swinburne Major Projects is a business unit that specialises in vocational education and training and workforce development initiatives through the creation of customised learning design solutions. The area works with government, industry and community to design and develop industry endorsed learning and workforce skilling programs, tailored to learner needs and organisational objectives.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or extensive experience and leadership expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and relevant tertiary education.
- Significant commercial acumen, with proven analytical and conceptual skills applicable to the development and implementation of complex management and planning issues and associated support processes and systems.
- Proven track record of developing new programs and services for clients seeking out new opportunities and identifying different segments to increase market share and profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to work with industry and relevant advisory groups to achieve strategic and operational objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully identify opportunities and development funding proposals in vocational and /or tertiary preparation study areas.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Paid parental leave for primary caregivers and secondary caregivers
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits
How to apply and further information
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link, and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description. For further information about this position, contact Lea Scharenguivel, Recruitment Manager via email email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact Jessie Macintyre, Director (Employee Experience) at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as our Charter of Cultural Diversity, Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan, Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation
Applications close at 5 pm on Tuesday 21st July 2020