Liberal Arts, Humanities Academic Position, BA Western Civilisation
3 days left
- Full Time
- Based on the ACU, North Sydney Campus
- Attractive opportunity and employment arrangements
- Delivery of high-quality teaching & learning in the Socratic tradition
- Relevant background in Philosophy, Literature or the Classics
About the University
Ranked in the top 250 universities in the world in Arts and Humanities, Australian Catholic University (ACU) is a publicly-funded Catholic university which has grown rapidly in recent years. A truly global university, ACU boasts seven campuses around Australia, more than 200 partner universities on six continents, and a campus in Rome. ACU’s Catholic Mission places core activities of learning and teaching, research and service within the context of the Catholic intellectual tradition and is committed to the pursuit of truth, dignity of the human person and the common good.
About the Ramsay Centre & Bachelor of Arts (Western Civilisation)
Commencing in semester one 2021, the University will deliver a Bachelor of Arts (Western Civilisation) degree. Students will be encouraged to think creatively and critically whilst enhancing their expression and communication. The program is centred on a ‘great books’ approach to the study of western civilisation and will deliver high-quality student learning experiences. As part of this program, you will have the opportunity to explore with students the past, present and future of western intellectual life and culture delving into some of the key literary, philosophical, artistic, religious, political and scientific works that have shaped the western tradition from antiquity to the present.
Positions on Offer
ACU are seeking outstanding scholars with a passion for the Liberal Arts and experience in the delivery of high-quality, small class teaching in core disciplines of the humanities. Opportunities exist for academic staff across differentstages of their academic career. Successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
- a PhD in a key area represented within the BA (Western Civilisation)
- track record of high-quality academic teaching in the liberal arts, with strong understanding of and/or experience with the Socratic method
- evidence of contribution to curriculum development in core areas of a Bachelor of Arts (Western Civilisation) and Honours program
- a strong research profile in a relevant discipline with a high-quality publication record commensurate with career stage
- ability to work within a Missionbased organisation and act in alignment with ACU’s Mission and values
This position will offer the successful candidate/s an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and passionate team delivering a distinctive and impactful liberal arts degree fit for the needs of the 21st century, highly consistent with the ACU Mission Vision and Values.
How to Apply:
If you are ready for an exciting new challenge with a leading University that can offer ongoing career development and opportunities, we welcome your application.
Applicants are expected to address all the selection criteria listed in the position descriptions.
For appointed academics currently based overseas, ACU will provide support for relocation expenses and visa sponsorship.
For all general recruitment enquiries contact David Wiltshire, Manager – Recruitment Partnering at email@example.com
For more information and to submit your application please visit the ACU website at https://www.acu.edu.au/
The deadline for applications is midnight AEST on Sunday 19 July 2020
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in North Sydney
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs jobs in North Sydney
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in North Sydney
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Other Academic jobs in North Sydney