Special Scientist, Research Centre for Sustainable Energy
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
FOSS RESEARCH CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Application Code: FOSS2020SS-07
FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (www.foss.ucy.ac.cy) at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) vacancy for full or part- time Special Scientist positions to work on research projects at FOSS. The successful candidate will be employed in externally funded research programs of FOSS.
It should be mentioned that one (1) month of full-time employment at the University of Cyprus corresponds to 140 hours.
The candidate must be holder of first Degree in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or Applied Mathematics (with at least a 2.1 class or equivalent).
Also, high academic performance and interest in research are considered important qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to conduct research under research projects of the PV Technology Laboratory in the field of PV Systems, Smart Grids, Grid Integration and Storage Technologies.
Specifically, the successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Contribution in research projects under the supervision of postdoctoral fellows
- Design, implementation and experimentation to collect data
- Modelling of Smart Grids and the integration of renewable energy sources and emerging technologies such as energy storage technologies
- Data analysis
- Writing articles and publications of research results
- Support in research project management
- Contribution to the dissemination of results and in educational activities.
Additional skills highly appreciated:
- Power system analysis software – Powerfactory
- Object oriented programming – Java and/or Python
- Data Analysis – Matlab
The monthly employment cost for full time employment (140 hrs/month) is in the range of €1200-2800 (Monthly gross salary €1044,39 – 2436,90) (€8,57/hr - €20/hr). From this amount, employer and employee contributions to the various Government Funds as well as any income tax will be deducted. The salary can vary depending on experience, qualifications, and specific duties in research projects involved. The initial contract, which is on an hourly basis, is for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal based on successful progress. 13th salary is not provided.
Ideally, the position should be combined with an application for a PhD at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus and the research work that will be carried out will be the subject of the doctoral thesis.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Letter of interest for the specific position
- Full CV
- Copies of degrees and transcripts
- Name and contact details of two referees for recommendation letters.
by email to the following address:
For more information please contact: Professor George E. Georghiou (Tel: +357-22892272, email:
Apply for Special Scientist, Research Centre for Sustainable Energy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly