Rolls-Royce@NTU Corporate Lab is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Associate.
- Develop conceptual design methods and perform hybrid-electric aircraft system architecture preliminary design and trade studies
- Improve the aerodynamic and propulsion component models within hybrid-electric aircraft power and propulsion sizing tool
- Determine optimal operational power scheduling methods for various hybrid-electric architectures, using modern optimisation strategies
- Investigate dynamic responses of hybrid-electric propulsion systems for different aircraft mission profiles
- Support work on propulsion tool verifications with hybrid-electric aircraft demonstrator platforms
- A Masters in Aerospace Engineering with a strong academic record
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamental theory of flight dynamics and aircraft propulsion systems, such as gas-turbines or motor-driven propellers
- Knowledge and/or prior work experience in system-level aircraft conceptual designs, aircraft integration, and performance analysis
- Experience with programming and using Matlab, Simulink, engineering analysis software packages and/or CAD packages
- Strong versatility and desire to work in multidisciplinary projects, including mechanical, electrical, propulsion, and software disciplines
- Must have experience working in a team environment, along with good oral and written communication skills in English
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.