School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
Work in a small team to research, design and develop an intelligent real-time robotic system for the automatic installation of pre-fabricated construction components that includes the following:
- Automatic manipulation of the movement of a load (pre-fabricated construction component) and control
- Automatic levelling and balancing of the load including the control
- Automatic control and active real-time movement / disturbance compensation of the load
- Precision control and positioning of the load for installation
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, related field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in professional mechanical engineering (design, development and testing)
- Proficiency with CAD, SolidWorks, finite element analysis
- Investigative mind inclined toward developing practical solutions to real-world problems with strong analytical skills
- Experience in robotics systems is advantageous
- Driven individual, passionate, self-starter, team player, innovative and quality focused
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Open to learning new methods
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.