Senior Lecturer, Department of Humanities Education
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES EDUCATION
(SENIOR LECTURER 50% AND HEAD: WORK INTEGRATED LEARNING 50%)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Coordinating work-integrated learning in the Faculty of Education and teaching methodologies offered by the Department of Humanities Education;
- Conducting academic research;
- Involvement in the activities (seminars, workshops, etc.) of the Department of Humanities Education;
- Conducting postgraduate supervision;
- Involvement in curriculum development and transformation;
- Managing and leading work-integrated learning in the Faculty of Education;
- Liaising with internal and external work-integrated learning stakeholders.
- PhD in Education or in a related field;
- Teaching experience at school level;
- Teaching experience at higher education level;
- Experience in course/curriculum development;
- Experience conducting own research and research projects, and evidence of between one to five publications in accredited journals or an average of one article per year for the last three years in such journals, or equivalent units in the field of Managerial experience;
- Experience in supervising postgraduate students and evidence of completed supervised MEd and PhD students;
- Knowledge of teacher education in South Africa, particularly MRTEQ.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- A transformational mind-set and future-orientation;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Code 9 drivers’ licence;
- Track record of integrating technology in education;
- Excellent administrative skills;
- The ability to work with diverse groups of people.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Registered with SACE.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
- Self-evaluation indicating clearly how you meet the minimum requirements and required competencies listed above. CVs that do not speak to the position directly will not be accepted.
CLOSING DATE: 15 July 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.