UCDP and USDP Programme Administrator, Department of Research and Innovation
DEPARTMENT OF RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The USDP and UCDP programme administrator is responsible for administration of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET)’s University Capacity Development Programme (UCDP) and the University Staff Development Programme (USDP). This position will serve as the South African-based contact point for the various educational networks with different countries, including the US-SA Higher Education Network.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Stakeholder and network management:
- Supporting fostering, strengthening and co-ordinating of network with partners at international, national and local level;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with representatives internationally and locally to improve the relationships between institutions;
- Ensuring and monitoring partners’ engagement in networking activities;
- Organising events such as annual networking events, and annual conference;
- Monitoring and evaluation:
- Co-ordinating of US-SA Higher Education Network and the US-SA HE Network staff doctoral initiative;
- Developing and maintaining a system to monitor and evaluate progress and achievements;
- Liaising with the relevant parties at DHET-UniVen-Rutgers University on the progress and plans relating to this project;
- Governance and programme implementation:
- Implementing coordination role among partners;
- Acting as intermediary and organising report-backs from programme entities;
- Monitoring project calendar, planned milestones, deliverables and activities as agreed by partners;
- Data base management and tracking partner agency points:
- Coordinating upkeep of the programme’s database;
- Working with service provider on business requirements and developing content for the website;
- Budget resource mobilization and financial management:
- Tracking financial expenditure and co-ordination of reimbursements;
- Coordinating implementation of budget and ensuring expected outputs are delivered within established budgetary constraints;
- Preparing financial and narrative reports related to donor needs;
- Newsletter co-ordination and research activities:
- Overall coordination with research partners and regular engagement with partners;
- Developing the content for website, strategic documents, annual reports etc;
- Co-ordination of annual conferences and meetings:
- Facilitating regular meetings and information sessions between partners;
- Preparing necessary documentation ahead of the annual meeting with the relevant embassies, for hosting the Minister(s) and/or Vice Chancellors of the respective institutions.
- Matric WITH a higher certificate AND with four years’ work experience in;
- Three years’ diploma WITH three years’ work experience in;
- Experience in working with donors, foundations and international partners;
- Project management experience;
- Experience in financial administration;
- Relevant experience working with partner entities;
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- UP finance policies, conditions and processes;
- National and international funders reporting processes and criteria;
- Audit requirements that apply to UP funding;
- Financial administration and management;
- UP PeopleSoft;
- Various national and international funders;
- Highly organised;
- Sound time management;
- Accuracy and ability to prioritise tasks;
- Problem solving skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and independently;
- Effective stakeholder liaison;
- Conflict management.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- Valid driver’s licence.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 8 July 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.