Faculty Manager II, Office of the Dean
OFFICE OF THE DEAN
FACULTY OF LAW
PEROMNES POST LEVEL: 6
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Providing and coordinating strategic and administrative support to the office of the Dean;
- Managing and co-ordinating faculty-wide projects and initiatives;
- Providing support to the Dean in the Faculty planning process;
- Leading fundraising initiatives in the Office of the Dean in support of strategic initiatives in the Faculty;
- Establishing and managing relationships with key stakeholders in Law to support the mission of the Faculty;
- Assisting in preparing the annual budget, aligned with the Faculty plan, and monitor its expenditure;
- Monitoring the delivery of the Faculty plan in alignment with the institutional plan;
- Managing international partnership coordination.
- A relevant Honours degree
- At least six years relevant experience, which includes four years management experience;
Experience in the following:
- Higher Education work experience
- Strategic planning
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Stakeholder Management
- Financial and general administration
- Project Management.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Strategic planning;
- Financial management;
- Sound general managerial and leadership skills;
- Advance computer and information literacy;
- Good communication skills;
- Report writing and senior management reporting;
- Advance Project Management;
- Fundraising skills;
- Demonstrate management and leadership skills;
- Ability to identify practical and innovative solutions;
- Ability to meet demanding targets within tight deadlines;
- Strong intra and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability and sophistication needed to interact with internal stakeholders, donors and other external stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a team to achieve the outcomes.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A qualification in Law will be an added advantage;
- Relevant experience in the higher education sector particularly in strategic planning;
- Understanding of the external donor funding environment;
- Driver’s License.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 06 July 2020.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: contact person, Ms K Manana Tel: (012) 420 3126 for application-related enquiries, and contact person, Prof E Schoeman Tel: +27 83 566 5254 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.