Post-Doc position in Faculty of Engineering Technology
DOCTOR ASSISTENT INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
The Faculty of Engineering Technology of KU Leuven organizes education at academic bachelor and master level at Campus Diepenbeek in cooperation with UHasselt. You will be educational staff member at KU Leuven on campus Diepenbeek in the Faculty of Engineering Technology and researcher in the research group ACRO.
- The campus is currently restructuring and expanding its computer science curriculum. The main focus will be in the development of intelligent, holistic and resilient system software, targeted at Industry 4.0 and with the integration of complex processes and (industrial and non-industrial) systems in mind. Your responsibilities are entirely rooted in this initiative.
- Your main duties are research, managerial work in restructuring the educational program as mentioned above and education.
- You define and expand research in computer science in synergy with the multidisciplinary research group ACRO. You are expected to establish new industrial collaborations and write project proposals. You are entitled to establishing and expanding your own vision in alignment with the other researchers of ACRO.
- Managerial tasks are primarily related to the adaption of the curriculum; offering opportunities at long term.
- Your teaching assignment consists of lectures, exercise sessions and practical sessions under supervision and in cooperation with the course coordinator(s), within the academic bachelor and master in engineering technology at the joint degree of KU Leuven campus Diepenbeek and UHasselt. Initially this consists of exercise sessions in the field of software development, mostly in Python and Java, and in the field of software engineering skills. Later on, this can change depending on your input and the needs of the adapted curriculum (courses in system software, applications of AI, resilient and secure software, …)
- You cooperate closely with students, teaching staff and researchers.
- You supervise and support students in project work, bachelor theses, master theses and/or PhDs.
- You give feedback and evaluate students. You are a motivator and an accessible point of contact, both IRL and digital.
- You develop the necessary didactical material (both offline and online), and you keep it up-to-date. For this you participate in training on both the research-related and educational aspects of your task.
- You take part in the public relations of the educational program. You participate in events such as information days, science communication, international visits, SID-ins,…
- You have a master degree in Engineering Technology: computer science or Electronics/ICT with a specialisation in computer sciences; Engineering Science: computer science; or master computer science. You have a PhD in the domain the master program is heading (cfr. the first bullet of the responsibilities)
- Your research output is in line with the subject of this vacancy.
- Experience in higher education (university college or university) is a plus.
- You can work independently and pro-actively. You are capable of handling the changing priorities and the varied set of tasks flexibly throughout the academic year.
- You are an enthusiastic team player with inventive ideas, who takes initiative, constantly looking for improvements and experimenting with new concepts; solving problems in a creative and transparent manner. You cooperate constructively with colleagues at different levels and in different domains (PhD students, professors, policy officers, etc.) and contribute actively to a positive working atmosphere.
- You strive for spreading the mission and values of the faculty. You are open for other cultures and world visions and you are motivated to work in an international context.
- You possess communication skills and you are fluent in (written and spoken) Dutch, corresponding to the language requirements for higher education in Flanders.
- You possess communication skills and you are fluent in (written and spoken) English
A full time post-doc position for two years, the contract can be extended
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Kris Aerts, tel.: +32 11 75 17 84, mail: email@example.com.
You can apply for this job no later than August 12, 2020 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.