Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Associate / Assistant in Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), is currently recruiting a research assistant/ associate to join the laboratory of A/Prof. Yen Choo.
Our lab in the new Clinical Sciences Building, located in the heart of Singapore, is developing high throughput and/or combinatorial screening platform technologies specifically for stem cell research. The present focus of our work is in HTS technologies to optimise (i) direct cell lineage conversion and (ii) next generation organoid systems.
We will foster interdisciplinary collaborations with the scientific community throughout Singapore to develop the Regenerative Medicine sector, for the benefit of the nation’s health and wealth.
Capable, responsible and reliable individuals are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities will be to:
- administer the operations of the lab and its equipment
- assist research staff to conduct experimental work
- manage consumables purchasing
- obtain requisite regulatory approvals for research
- renew routine licenses (e.g. software licenses)
- handle health and safety matters
- organize staff meetings
- conduct staff training.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (for assistant level) or Master’s degree (for associate level) or equivalent in molecular/cell biology or other life science discipline
- At least 3 years employment history in academia or industry
- Track record of laboratory management
- Research experience or laboratory training in molecular and/or cell biology
- Excellent spoken and written scientific communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate effectively
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please press the APPLY NOW button below with your cover letter and CV, providing the names and contact details of two referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.