A Project Officer in the School of Biological Sciences is required for training natural language models for an application in education. In particular, you will need to learn recent algorithms such as ELMO or BERT and train models on a corpus of available texts in biology.
This is a part of a larger project on artificial intelligence in tertiary education. The aim of the project is improving and personalizing feedback on short essays to enhance learning experience.
- Preparing corpus of text training sets from PDF-based textbooks in biology
- Training latest natural language models
- Mentoring and collaborating with research students
- A Bachelor degree in Biology
- Experience in R or Python
- Experience in Natural Language Processing
- Knowledge of language models and strong programming skills would be highly preferred
- Ability to work as a team and to work independently as well
- Willingness to learn new techniques and guide research students
- Good problem-solving skills
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.