Research Fellow, School of Materials Science and Engineering
School of Materials Science and Engineering is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Fellow.
This Research Fellow position will support leading-edge research in the fields of electrochemistry and electrocatalysis using modeling and first-principle calculation approaches. The overall project will focus on the development of new oxide catalysts and mechanisms. This job will provide day-to-day support in the laboratory for the research team and depending upon experience the successful candidate can expect to undertake open ended research projects under the research team supervision.
- Conduct DFT calculations
- Provide theoretical analysis to explain the observed results
- Provide the technical support to experimental activities
- Summarize research outcome and draft manuscripts for scientific publications
- Report to the reporting manager with the progress
- Strong experience in modeling and theoretical chemistry, electrochemistry, or solid state physics
- A PhD degree awarded no more than two years and by any of top universities
- Strong analytical and conceptual abilities
- Ability to work independently or in a team in the realization of the R&D work
- Ability to publish conference/journal papers
- Strong experience in publication and a strong publication record
- Regular reports and good documentation of work are expected
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong research experience in modeling and DFT calculations
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.