Research Fellow, Transportation Engineering
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering invites applications for the position as Research Fellow.
This project aims to investigate how the new technology of autonomous vehicles could be integrated into the public transportation service system.
- Develop an integrated model, and optimal design of dedicated exclusive lanes and speed limits for AVs considering driving behaviors of mixed traffic with AVs
- Build up a mathematical modeling framework to determine the optimal AV fleet size, route network design for fixed-route PTS with AVs
- Develop efficient solution algorithm to find the optimal dynamic routing and scheduling strategies of demand responsive PTS with AVs
- PhD degree in Transportation Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year Postdoctoral Research experience in transportation projects, preferably in fields of transport modelling in Singapore
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Matlab, etc), statistical software (e.g. SPSS, STATA) and traffic simulation software (e.g. Viswalk) is a must
- Experience in preparing R&D proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and contractual purposes
- Ability to work independently and in a team in a multidisciplinary environment
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.