Manager, Events and PR
Organization Name Khalifa University
About University Marketing and Communication Department
The Manager, Events and PR is responsible for managing delivery of the University’s events and coordinating all public relations activities taking into consideration associated operational and logistical planning from conception to implementation. The Manager also ensures all events are in line with the University's protocol and brand standards.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Department's strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Department's policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Develop, manage and execute plans for a variety of high profile events, keeping these in line with the University's protocol and brand standards.
- Establish and maintain the University's annual event calendar, event stakeholder database, and ensure other event related documents are organized and secured.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant University policies and procedures when managing and delivering events (i.e. ensure Procurement and Contract policies are adhered to when sourcing event vendors / suppliers).
- Manage the planning process of relevant events, and provide recommendations when required to meet the University’s strategy and objectives.
- Develop detailed event plans including scope, design, budget, schedule and event project team responsibilities; monitor and report on progress to the Director, Communications.
- Manage the selection and recruiting process of appropriate speakers, vendors, and participants for efficient implementation of all events.
- Undertake effective coordination of specific projects to ensure that University's events are delivered efficiently, according to required standards and within agreed timelines.
- Support and manage the marketing communications program for events, ensuring events planned are regularly refreshed by writing and producing attractive and engaging variety of publications, materials, and programs to attract and recruit event participants.
- Proactively identify and coordinate activities to enhance the profile of events and user experience
- at each event (through web- and pod-casting; Facebook Live etc.).
- Initiate the organization and facilitation of internal events for students and faculty.
- Carry out a thorough evaluation of each event against success criteria and provide recommendations on how to proceed with future development of the event.
- Initiate, act as prime source, and participate in all efforts to promote the University's activities, services, and special events to the public.
- Manage and develop opportunities to support and increase the success of the University's recruitment events.
- Maintain master event listings and disseminate this information to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Consult and make recommendations to the President's Office, and other University clients on matters of protocol, event planning, etc.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).