Social Media Content Creator, HealthInfoNet
- AUSTRALIAN INDIGENOUS HEALTHINFONET
- $72,103 TO $80,122 (HEW 5) (PRO-RATA)
- MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUS
- FIXED TERM CONTRACT (TO 30/6/2021), PART TIME (0.50 FTE - 18.75 HOURS PER WEEK)
The HealthInfoNet is Australia’s leading online source of knowledge and information about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health; it has been acknowledged as an essential element of the infrastructure contributing to Australia’s efforts to substantially improve the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet, a Research Centre at ECU, is dedicated to contributing to closing the gap in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health outcomes. The HealthInfoNet has over 850,000 sessions and two million-page views a year and continues to grow.
The Centre is seeking a skilled Social Media Content Creator to join the research team.
This role will be responsible for:
- Reviewing, updating and implementing the HealthInfoNet’s social media and yarning place strategy
- Preparing a calendar of content which utilises the HealthInfoNet’s social media channels and yarning places as a tool for knowledge exchange
- Monitoring and responding to social media and yarning place queries
- Designing and implementing effective social media campaigns
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to deliver quality content
- Managing paid Facebook and Google ads
- Regularly measuring and reporting on campaign and knowledge exchange success.
To be successful in this position, applicants must possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in communications, media or marketing, or an equivalent level of experience.
- Experience in successfully implementing a social media strategy within an organisation.
- At least two years’ experience in writing, editing, proofreading and publishing social media content on behalf of an organisation.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organisational skills.
- An ability to work independently and proactively.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are particularly encouraged to apply.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This fixed term, part-time position attracts a remuneration of $72,103 to $80,122 (HEW 5) (pro-rata) plus superannuation.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Pauline Shanley (Business Manager) on 08 9370 6931 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement (no more than 3 pages) addressing the five key criteria listed above.
Applications close SUNDAY, 5 JULY 2020 at 11:30 pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.