Trainee, HR Business Partnering
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About the Office of Human Resources
The Office of Human Resources (OHR) supports the University leadership in putting tools and processes in the hands of its members so that the University, its employees and students can continue to grow, thrive and contribute to the community, Singapore as well as globally.
OHR works through active engagement with the NTU community.
Shadow a HRBP in terms of understanding their strategic engagements, operational deliverables and ad hoc project management for Research staff.
- Establish the importance of building strong relationship as a trusted HR advisor with senior stakeholders and managers in School/Department
- Familiarize HR policies and procedures, employment legislation, recruitment and rewards strategies
- Attain the knowledge to establish the recruitment needs for the School/Department, and work closely with the Shared Services and hiring managers to hire the appropriate talent and renew their contracts on a timely basis
- Support the HRBP and respective leaders to provide advice to employees and manage the activities pertaining to industrial relations, employee grievances, conduct and discipline
- Assist the HRBP to maintain and analyse HR data to ensure timely and accurate decision making
- Participate in ad hoc HR projects and employee engagement activities
- Degree, preferably with specialization in Human Resource Management
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel et.)
- Experience in project management and implementation
- Basic knowledge of Employment Act and Labour Laws would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all levels
- Strong analytical thinking and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Outstanding attention to detail, follow-up and organizational skills
Hiring Institution: NTU