Coordinator, Research Outputs
DEPARTMENT OF RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 8
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The purpose of the job is to facilitate the collection and accurate verification of all submitted research outputs from academics, in order to prepare the final report, which is submitted annually to DHET, in order to attract the relevant research subsidy for the University.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Annual cycle preparation:
- Ensuring updated guidelines and facilitating information sessions for data capturers and interested authors to introduce them to the subsidy claims policy, system, applicable rules and capturing processes;
- Coordination and review of research output submissions:
- Accurately verifying all research output items which are submitted by faculties, according to the guidelines as applicable to each output type;
- Audit review:
- Facilitating the external audit process and academic panel reviews for all relevant outputs;
- Ensuring data is tested and accurately uploaded in the relevant system to DHET;
- Annual cycle wrap-up:
- Ensuring all reports are finalised and feedback data updated.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- Four years’ relevant experience in:
- Research data reviewing/analysing;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders;
- Training or user support experience;
- Reporting using advanced spreadsheets.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Well-developed sense of attention to detail, and high accuracy level of work;
- Ability to keep to deadlines;
- Ability to prioritise and make decision under pressure;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Good/appropriate language and communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Strong organising and multi-tasking abilities.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Relevant Honours degree;
- Five years' relevant experience in:
- Advanced Ms Excel experience;
- Accounting or audit training;
- Project Management experience;
- Experience in research support, or research administration, in a university environment.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 1 July 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.