Senior Institutional Researcher
DEPARTMENT OF INSTITUTIONAL PLANNING
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 6
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Undertaking institutional and other research projects directly or indirectly related to facets of UP’s activities;
- Providing strategic management information;
- Analysing examination statistics to identify high impact modules and students at risk of failure;
- Develop models for enrolment planning - steering the ‘shape and size’ of the University;
- Conducting macro financial analyses to identify growth alternatives for UP;
- Developing institutional surveys to inform decision-making and to assist in the collection of data for predictive analysis;
- Undertaking continuous environmental scanning of activities and data of competitor institutions;
- Maintaining the subsidy model and calculate annually the expected subsidy income;
- Analysing and advising on UP’s performance in world ranking systems;
- Monitoring and evaluating progress on UP’s performance indicators and give inputs to the drafting of UP council reports;
- Providing data and analysis required for decision-making purposes in relation to the Higher Education environment;
- Liaising and developing partnerships with institutional stakeholders and internal clients.
- A Master’s Degree in Statistics (or in a comparable field);
- Six years’ working experience in the following:
- Experience at a tertiary institution;
- Advance statistical analysis and consultation;
- Proficiency in the use of analytical software.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of issues in higher education and key institutional reporting requirement;
- Statistical analysis, prediction and interpretation;
- Knowledge of the functioning of a University;
- Knowledge of project management;
- Proven competence in the use of data management and statistical analysis tools;
- High level of management and leadership skills;
- Writing and conceptual skills;
- Oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with the University’s executive, head of departments, academics and government agencies;
- Sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to work in a team.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A Doctoral Degree in Statistics (or in a comparable field).
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 31 July 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Busi Khumalo, Tel: (012) 420 4134 for application-related enquiries, and Mr H Mouton, Tel: (012) 420 4928 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.