Senior Lecturer, Department of Educational Psychology
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching, curriculum development and co-ordinating programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- Supervising postgraduate research appropriate to the post level;
- Supervising practical work in professional training programmes in Educational Psychology;
- Conducting research at a competitive level, commensurate to the level of appointment and actively contributing to the Department’s research profile;
- Performing various academic and administrative duties as determined by the Head of Department;
- Participating in the Department’s strategic initiatives relating to teaching, research and community engagement.
- A doctorate in Psychology or Educational Psychology;
- At least three to five years’ experience in tertiary education;
- A strong research record and evidence of research outputs of at least 5 (e.g. publications in peer-reviewed journals), commensurate to the post level;
- A record of accomplishment of postgraduate research supervision, commensurate to the post level;
- Knowledge and experience in quantitative research methodology and/or qualitative research methodologies;
- Knowledge and/or experience in professional training of counsellors/psychologists.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Ability to lecture in focal areas of educational psychology (e.g. family oriented intervention, therapeutic intervention, psychological assessment, group therapy, research methods);
- Transformational in outlook;
- Student-centred in approach.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- At least one year of clinical/therapeutic experience, post internship;
- Experience in hybrid teaching and learning;
- Three to five years’ teaching experience in higher education;
- Registration with HPCSA as a psychologist
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 10 July 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.