Special Scientist for Research
The Department of Law, University of Cyprus is accepting applications for the position of one (1) Special Scientist for Research on a full-time (preferably) or a part-time basis , in the context of the start-up research fund of Dr Michael Chatzipanagiotis, Lecturer in Private Law, on the topic ‘Internet of Things and Consumer Protection’.
- Law Degree from a Recognised University (LLB).
- Very good knowledge of EU consumer-protection law.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (proven through previous research work in English or completion of degree in an English-speaking university).
- Experience in legal research in an academic or professional context.
- Good computer skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent organisational skills and commitment to complete duties within specified deadlines.
- Effective report-writing skills.
- Master’s Degree (preferably LLM).
- Knowledge of legal issues surrounding Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence.
- Research and report-writing experience on relevant issues.
- Very good knowledge of the German language.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will prepare executive summaries based on mainly legal research (doctrinal writings and case law of the CJEU and national courts) regarding the influence of IoT technologies on consumer protection, especially in the framework of EU law. Research may include interdisciplinary elements, such as issues related to Information Technology, psychology and economics.
The monthly gross salary, for full-time employment amounts to 1514,36 euro, from which amount employee contributions to the relevant governmental funds will be deducted. There is no provision for 13th salary.
Employment will begin within the first 10 days of September 2020.
The successful applicant should work and reside in the Republic of Cyprus, irrespective of his/ her nationality.
Applicants are requested to send the below required documentation per e-mail to Dr Chatzipanagiotis (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 3 July 2020.
- Cover Letter demonstrating interest and competence for this position.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Scanned copies of relevant degrees and detailed grading.
- Names and e-mail addresses of two persons, from whom a reference letter may be requested.
Interviews for this position will be arranged at a later date.
For further information on the specific position, you may contact Dr Chatzipanagiotis at the above-mentioned e-mail address.