Senior Research Engineer, Computer Science
7 days left
- Full Time
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Centre for Smart Platform Infrastructure Research on Integrative Technology (SPIRIT) of Nanyang Technological University is a translational R&D institute funded by National Research Foundation and supported by Smart Nation Programme Office and GovTech to develop the Smart Platform Infrastructure to enable applications in Video Analytics, Wireless Sensors Network and other areas required by Singapore as a Smart Nation. Through cutting-edge systems research, SPIRIT Centre aims to enable translational efforts in data science and analytics for solving public sector challenges through innovative solutions.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of software platform to support Smart Nation applications.
- Design and implement natural language processing (NLP) algorithms and models for semantic analysis, e.g., topic modeling, embedding, named-entity recognition, coreference resolution and parsing, and ontology and knowledge graph constructions
- Application of NLP in knowledge and information retrieval (IR) and relevancy ranking with spatiotemporal consideration
- Conduct “translational” research to apply the state-of-the-art solutions at scale for real world challenges
- Documentation and scientific reporting
- Mentoring junior staff
- PhD in computer science
- Minimum 5 years software development experience
- Experience and excellent research background in NLP
- Passionate about NLP and AI related research, innovations and their applications
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, C/C++, etc.) and research packages/modules
- Experience in large-scale text processing and analytics
- Good track records in publication
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU